Solar West 2017 Program Preview
In November 2015, the Government of Alberta committed to tripling the proportion of the province’s electricity from renewable resources from 10 to 30%. Solar West meets to assess the progress being made toward this target and to answer the most critical questions phasing the advancement of solar in the province including:
- What will the conclusions of the Energy Efficiency Panel mean for solar energy and how will the Micro-Generation Regulation be amended?
- How could grid-readiness, rate and tariff design and utility business models impact the scale and pace of solar deployment?
- How will the Renewable Electricity Program (REP) be structured and when will the first utility-scale solar facilities be contracted in Alberta?
- What opportunities will there be for Individuals, Rural, Urban and Indigenous Communities and the Public and Private Sectors?
- What other dynamics such as the coal retirement schedule, oil and gas sector economic recovery and federal climate change policy will be influential?
Updated program information for Solar West 2017 will be coming soon!
Solar West 2016 Highlights
You can view all of our 2016 highlights here.
Program sample from Solar West 2016