The Minister of Environment and Parks and the Minister Responsible for the Climate Change Office, Shannon Phillips, has announced the launch of the Government of Alberta’s new Residential and Commercial Solar Program in Edmonton, Alberta.
The $36-million program will support the installation of solar electricity generation on residential, multi-residential and small commercial roofs across the province with the goal of achieving 10,000 new rooftop solar installations.
This is HUGE news for the solar industry and just one of the reasons why you’ll want to be at Solar West 2017. If you are already established in the industry, want to get into this growing industry or are curious about how solar could impact you, you’ll want to mark your calendar and attend Solar West.
When you attend Solar West, you’re getting leading industry insight on business development opportunities, public opinion and public policy.
The first day of conference programming will focus on the “Concept”, which includes topics such as public opinion & public policy.
The second day of conference programming will focus on “Implementation”, which will include topics such as business case and integration.
Key questions addressed will include:
- What are the benefits of solar energy to Western Canada and are they well understood?
- What is the status of public policy for solar energy and is it developing favourable for solar energy?
- How is the business case for solar energy evolving in Western Canada and when will market segments mature?
- What are the key regulations that govern solar energy technology and how can industry best manage compliance?
Registration is officially open for Solar West 2017 and you can save immensely, on the purchase of your ticket, between now and March 6th.
Here are the high-level details:
- When: May 9 – 11, 2017
- Where: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
- Who: 400 solar industry professionals
Here’s what you’ll receive as part of your full conference pass:
- Welcome Reception and Trade Show (Tuesday, May 9 from 5-7pm)
- Access to Conference Sessions & Plenaries
- Continental Breakfasts
- Buffet Luncheons
- Pub Night (Wednesday, May 10th at 7pm)